TS is a program specifically for middle and high school students who have the desire and ability to go to college, but need help choosing and applying to the right one, and finding funding to pay for it.
Fall 2021 Update
TRIO Programs is now offering face-to-face tutoring in math and writing for TRIO students in the TRIO Office (TAC 221) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday. TRIO students should check their TRIO Canvas Class for more specific information. Face coverings and social distancing are required on campus.
TS can help you to identify your career interests and sort through the colleges and programs that will best meet your needs. Program staff can also provide assistance with preparation for pre-college entrance exams, college admission applications, and financial aid paperwork. TS program services are provided through classroom presentations, workshops, group and one-on-one activities to ensure academic success. All services are FREE.
- Tutorial services – - Face-to Face at Centralia College and online through Tutor.com 24/7
- Academic monitoring and support to help you choose the right classes for college
- Help with college applications and Financial Aid
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance examinations like SAT and ACT
- Mentoring Events – students can job shadow local professionals starting in grade 10 through our Rotary Partnership
- Career planning and advice
- College visits and academic/cultural field trips throughout Washington
- Centralia College Events – Life Management Conference, Expanding Your Horizons STEAM Event, Coding Camp, and 8th grade transition
- Workshops and counseling for parents of students served
You are eligible to participate in TRIO TS if:
- You are currently in 7-11th grade (occasionally 6th grade students are granted admittance).
- You are a current student one of the schools listed below.
- Centralia Middle and High Schools
- Chehalis Middle School and WF West High School
- Mossyrock Middle and High Schools
- Napavine Middle and High Schools
- Onalaska Middle and High Schools
- Pe Ell Middle and High Schools
- Rainier Middle and High Schools
- Rochester Middle and High Schools
- Toledo Middle and High Schools
- Winlock Middle and High Schools
- You are a citizen or national of the US or meet residency requirements for federal financial aid. If you are unsure, please call us and we will work through it together.
Priority is given to students who want to go to college, are willing to make a commitment to the TRIO TS program, AND meet at least one of the following:
- Are a potential first-generation college student - basically the parent(s) they live with have not earned a four-year degree
- Family meets the federal limited-income requirements listed on the application
TRIO TS, a part of Centralia College's TRIO Programs, is a federally-funded program that provides career and education planning services for degree-seeking, college-bound middle and high school students from mostly disadvantaged backgrounds. It is funded annually at $457,670.
TRIO TS Staff
Serves Chehalis Middle School and W.F. West High School
Email Kathleen Vodjansky-Ward
Serves Centralia and Rochester Middle and High Schools
Email Cindy Broadbent
Serves Toledo, Rainier, and Onalaska Middle and High Schools
Email Clarence Gundersen
Serves Mossyrock Middle and High School
Email Cindy Jones
|Alma Camorlinga Barragan
Office Assistant III
Email Alma Camorlinga
Email Liisa Preslan
Email Sandy Fox
CONTACT TRIO PROGRAMS
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Student Support Services | 360-623-8970 | email@example.com
TRIO TS | 360-623-8969 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Upward Bound | 360-623-8968 | email@example.com