Student Support Services
Student Support Services is here to help students navigate college. Our services are designed to increase understanding of what is takes to graduate from Centralia College and/or transfer to a four-year college to earn a bachelor's degree.
Fall 2021 Update
TRIO Programs is now offering face-to-face tutoring in math and writing for TRIO students in the TRIO Office (TAC 221) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday. TRIO students should check their TRIO Canvas Class for more specific information. Face coverings and social distancing are required on campus.
All SSS services are free to students and are designed to increase academic success, financial wellbeing, graduation progression, and transfer preparation.
- Academic advising and educational planning
- Priority registration
- Textbook loan program
- Professional tutoring – on-campus | virtual | online
- Study center and computer access
- Transfer advising and planning to 4-year programs
- 4-year college visits/tours
- Financial aid information and application assistance
- Scholarship resources
- Personal statement assistance
- Educational workshops
- Career exploration and assistance
- Special events, cultural and social activities
- Campus and community referrals and advocacy
- Free 2-credit HR 101 Student Success class – offered once annually
You are eligible to participate in Student Support Services if you:
- Are currently in enrolled in 10 college-level credits or following your placement recommendations
- Have academic need
- Are working on your first college degree
- Want to complete a degree at Centralia College
- Are a citizen or national of the US or meet residency requirements for federal financial aid. If you are unsure, please call us and we will work through it together.
You must also meet at least one of the following:
- Be a potential first-generation college student - neither parent who raised you earned a four-year degree
- Meet the federal limited-income requirements - basically if you qualify for financial aid
- Have a documented disability on file with the Disability Services Office (or in process)
Once we receive your application and verify your eligibility, we will contact you to schedule an orientation so we can learn more about your needs and interests so we can develop a plan that is best suited to meet your specific situation. If you have any questions, please contact us at 360-623-8970 or email@example.com.
Thorlea (Pete) Kirtz
Student Support Services, a part of Centralia College's TRIO Programs, is a federally-funded program that provides education planning and transfer services for degree-seeking, college students disadvantaged backgrounds. It is funded annually at $381,347.
Email Liisa Preslan
Email Sandy Fox
Email Jason Moir
Email Erik Blanco
CONTACT TRIO PROGRAMS
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Student Support Services | 360-623-8970 | firstname.lastname@example.org
TRIO TS | 360-623-8969 | email@example.com
Upward Bound | 360-623-8968 | firstname.lastname@example.org