Requirements to Qualify

Financial aid is available from both state and federal sources. The requirements for each are different. Here are the steps to applying for both.

Federal Aid

To be eligible for federal Financial Aid, you must:

  • Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Have a high school diploma, GED or high school equivalency, OR meet Ability to Benefit criteria
  • Be registered with the Selective Service if required by law (males 18 and older born after 1959 and not currently serving in the military)
  • Be enrolled in a qualifying program at Centralia College
  • Not be in default on a previous federal student loan or owe a refund on previous financial aid


Washington State Aid 

To be eligible for state Financial Aid, you must:

  • Be a resident of the state of Washington
  • Submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid)
  • Enroll in an eligible program at Centralia College
  • Not owe a repayment to any state or federal student aid programs
  • Not be pursuing a degree in theology



8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday
8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
360-330-7105 fax