Book Loans & Fee Waivers
Even with tuition covered, Running Start can be expensive due to the costs of books and class fees. Centralia College works hard to keep these costs down, but Running Start students may also apply for book loans and fee waivers to further offset costs.
Book Loans Centralia College allows students to borrow textbooks for some classes.
Fee Waivers Some or all class fees may be waived, depending on eligibility and funds available.
2020-21 Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Full Waiver*||Reduced Waiver**|
$16,588 Annual / $1,383 Monthly
|$23,606 Annual / $1,968 Monthly|
|2||$22,412 Annual / $1,868 Monthly||$31,894 Annual / $2,658 Monthly|
|3||$28,236 Annual / $2,353 Monthly||$40,182 Annual / $3,349 Monthly|
|4||$34,060 Annual / $2,839 Monthly||$48,470 Annual / $4,040 Monthly|
|5||$39,884 Annual / $3,324 Monthly||$56,758 Annual / $4,730 Monthly|
|6||$45,708 Annual / $3,809 Monthly||$65,046 Annual / $5,421 Monthly|
|7||$51,532 Annual / $4,295 Monthly||$73,334 Annual / $6,112 Monthly|
|8||$57,356 Annual / $4,780 Monthly||$81,622 Annual / $6,802 Monthly|
|Each add'l family member||$5,824 Annual / $486 Monthly||$8,2887 Annual / $691 Monthly|
* Full Waiver: All books would be loaned to the student EXCEPT books that can only be used once (ex: annual editions). All fees are waived EXCEPT when a student takes excess credits, then student is responsible for voted in fees.
** Reduced Waiver: Running Start would loan at least one book, more if available.
Exceptions: Running Start does not purchase books or supplies that can only be used one time. Rather, access codes will be purchased for courses that require them.
Apply for a Book Loan or Fee Waiver
1. Submit a Book Loan & Fee Application (doc) to the Advising/Counseling Center.
2. Submit a Book Loan Request (doc) with the books you need outlined clearly.
3. Submit the required income verification documentation. Examples include the following:
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security
- SSI Verification
- Veterans Payments
- Unemployment Verification
- Disability Benefits
- DSHS Verification
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- Net Income from Self-employment/Farm
Contact Running Start
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor