Book Loans & Fee Waivers
Even with tuition covered, Running Start can be expensive due to the costs of books and class fees. Centralia College works hard to keep these costs down, but Running Start students may also apply for book loans and fee waivers to further offset costs.
Book Loans Centralia College allows students to borrow textbooks for some classes.
Fee Waivers Some or all class fees may be waived, depending on eligibility and funds available.
2021-22 Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Full Waiver*||Reduced Waiver**|
$16,744 Annual / $1,396 Monthly
|$23,828 Annual / $1,986 Monthly|
|2||$22,646 Annual / $1,888 Monthly||$32,227 Annual / $2,686 Monthly|
|3||$28,548 Annual / $2,379 Monthly||$40,626 Annual / $3,384 Monthly|
|4||$34,450 Annual / $2,871 Monthly||$49,025 Annual / $4,086 Monthly|
|5||$40,352 Annual / $3,363 Monthly||$57,424 Annual / $4,786 Monthly|
|6||$46,254 Annual / $3,855 Monthly||$65,823 Annual / $5,486 Monthly|
|7||$52,156 Annual / $4,347 Monthly||$74,222 Annual / $6,186 Monthly|
|8||$58,058 Annual / $4,839 Monthly||$82,621 Annual / $6,886 Monthly|
|Each add'l family member||$5,902 Annual / $492 Monthly||$8,399 Annual / $700 Monthly|
* Full Waiver: All books would be loaned to the student EXCEPT books that can only be used once (ex: annual editions). All fees are waived EXCEPT when a student takes excess credits, then student is responsible for voted in fees.
** Reduced Waiver: Running Start would loan at least one book, more if available.
Exceptions: Running Start does not purchase books or supplies that can only be used one time. Rather, access codes will be purchased for courses that require them.
Apply for a Book Loan or Fee Waiver
1. Submit a Book Loan & Fee Application (doc) to the Advising/Counseling Center.
2. Submit a Book Loan Request (doc) with the books you need outlined clearly.
3. Submit the required income verification documentation. Examples include the following:
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security
- SSI Verification
- Veterans Payments
- Unemployment Verification
- Disability Benefits
- DSHS Verification
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- Net Income from Self-employment/Farm
Contact Running Start
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor