Centralia College's IT team provides computer labs and tech support for the college and its students.
IT & Web Services
Fall, Winter, and Spring Hours
Note: IT is currently working under remote operations.
Please Note: The ASCC Computer Commons is currently closed to normal operations. Access may occur on a case-by-case basis and is dependent on campus COVID protocol.
ASCC Computer Commons
Washington Hall Room 203
The Computer Commons is for student use only and is not open to the general public. No food or drink is allowed in the Computer Commons.
The Information Technology Office is located in Washington Hall room 202. Please Note: IT is currently working under remote operations.
Fall, Winter, and Spring Hours
7 am-4pm Monday-Friday
8 am-5 pm Monday-Thursday, Closed Friday
Centralia College uses Singlewire Informacast to deliver mass emergency notifications
to students, employees, and volunteers.
Emergency notifications include weather and emergency notices and campus closure information.
Students and College Employees
- To manage your alerts, visit ccalerts.centralia.edu and use your employee or student email address and password.
- To get text alerts for CCEast only, text #cceastupdates to 360-347-2908 or subscribe online.
Student Email Policy
See Policy 4.153 Student Email Required Use for details.
About Microsoft 365 / Student Email Accounts
Centralia College provides email accounts to students in partnership with Microsoft Corporation via Microsoft 365. Student email accounts are automatically generated within 48 business hours of a student’s admission to Centralia College and remain active for up to two years since their last quarter in which they were registered.
Access your Student Email Account
1. Visit the login page: www.office.com
2. Enter your username and password using this format:
Sample Username: email@example.com
|PASSWORD FORMAT||Exclamation Point + First Initial of First Name (uppercase) + First Initial of Last
Name (lowercase) + Last Six Digits of Student ID Number
Sample Password: !Jd123456
Step 1 - Register for Self-Service Password Reset
IT is making it easier than ever for you to reset your password. We have collaborated with Microsoft to use their self-service password reset utility. This new feature, called self-service password reset (SSPR), will enable you to reset, unlock, and change your password with the added security of having an extra verification method, like a phone number or passcode to your user sign-in process.
All students will be required by Microsoft to register for self-service password reset. If you have not yet enrolled, you will automatically be taken to the enrollment screen upon your next login to Microsoft 365 in the cloud.
- If you have not yet registered, you will prompted to do so upon your next login to Microsoft 365 (visit www.office.com). You can also simply visit http://aka.ms/ssprsetup in your web browser to enroll.
- Login to Microsoft 365 using your regular staff email address and password (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- At the SSPR Registration screen, it will present you with authentication options to set up. On your desired option, click the “Set it up now” link to proceed.
- You will need to set up at least 1 of the authentication options listed below:
- Text Messaging: Choose to send text messages to your personal mobile device.
- Phone Call: Choose to get a phone call to your registered phone number.
- Email Address: Choose to use an alternate email address that can be used without requiring your forgotten or missing password. In the Authentication Email box, input a personal (non-CC) email address you have access to, such as a Gmail or Yahoo. Instructions on creating a free gmail account: Create a Gmail account - Gmail Help (google.com)
- Security Questions: Choose to set up and answer pre-defined security questions set up by your administrator.
Step 2 - Reset your Student Email Password
After registering for Microsoft’s Self-Service Password Reset service, visit http://aka.ms/sspr or click on "Can't access your account?" or "Forgot Password" on the www.office.com sign on page to reset or unlock your account from any device.
If you are unable to reset your password, please email email@example.com with your full name, student ID number, and an alternate contact email address.
The Centralia College wireless network is provided for the educational and business needs of current students, employees and guests of the College. The wireless network is not a public Internet access network. Passwords are required for all Centralia College wireless networks.
Which Network Should I Use?
BlazerNET is intended for use of the student body on the campus. Students will log into the BlazerNET Wireless with their Student Email Username (firstname.lastname) and Password.
BlazerHOUSE is provided for students living in campus housing. Each resident is provided an individual login to BlazerHOUSE. For information regarding access, please contact Price Peterson at 360-623-8555 or email Price Peterson.
CCStaff is for employees of Centralia College. Instructions on how to log in to CCStaff are located on MyCC -> Administration -> Information Technology.
Microsoft 365 is a collection of powerful cloud productivity apps - such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook, and more - you can use across multiple devices. This subscription service is free to current Centralia College students. This agreement between Centralia College and Microsoft also allows us to provide current students with the latest version of full Office at school and at home.
- You must be a current student. Access is connected to your @student.centralia.edu email address.
- Sign in to your Microsoft 365 Portal with your student email address and password at www.office.com
To Download Office to your device(s) for free: Visit Download and install or reinstall Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac - Office Support for instructions.