Programs at CCEast
Earn a college degree or certificate, prepare for the GED test, take personal enrichment classes, and much more without leaving eastern Lewis County.
Fall registration is now open. For meeting times and course descriptions, refer to the online class schedule or call 360-496-5022. Most fall quarter classes begin the week of Sept. 20.
In an effort to offer a full spectrum of learning opportunities for students, the following class modalities are being offered:
- Face-to-Face classes are the traditional in-person sessions in a classroom with an instructor. All COVID-19 protocols and restrictions must be met. Students must wear face masks and use social distancing.
- Online classes are fully online with no required dates/times for meeting. (There still may be deadlines assigned for tests, discussions, and assignments.)
- Hybrid classes have some of the face-to-face class time replaced with online activities.
- Virtual classes meet on a specific schedule, but may use online platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, or others.
- Hybrid/Virtual classes meet virtually on a specific day/time for part of the class, with an online component for the rest.
- Public Speaking (H) CMST& 220 Hybrid, Face-to-face
- Pilates/Core (HF) PE 152 Hybrid, Face-to-face
- Global Health Issues (HF) (D) HLTH 141 Fully Online
- Natural Hazards & Catastrophes (NS) GEOL 108 Hybrid, Zoom
- Human Relations 101 (Elective) HR 101 Hybrid, Zoom
Career & Technical Education
- Quickbooks ACCT 220 Online
- Bookkeeper Certification Course ACCT 285 Online
- Ten-Key Calculator BTEC 220 Hybrid, Face-to-face
- Word I BTEC 210 Online
- Excel I BTEC 214 Online
- Access BTEC 212 Online
- Desktop Publishing BTEC 218 Online
- Word II BTEC 219 Online
- Powerpoint BTEC 222 Online
If you need a little boost before starting college level classes, there are a number of opportunities to improve your math, English, and reading skills. (Skill-level is determined by the college level placement test.)
The following pre-college level English classes are offered as a hybrid course with once a week face-to-face instruction, supplemented with online activities.
- ABE Writing ABE 052
- Writing & Grammar Review ENGL 098
- Fundamentals of English ENGL 099
The following Math classes are taught via computer-based instruction, with instructor support and guidance. Students may register for the face-to-face section, or may complete the class virtually with online instructor support.
- Pre-Algebra MATH 096
- Algebra I MATH 098
- Algebra II MATH 099
Adult Basic Education
Adult Basic Education classes prepare students for college preparation courses and are offered every quarter online. ABE classes are $25 per quarter. (Low income fee waivers are available for students who qualify.)
GED & High School Completion Classes
Centralia College offers classes and testing for students wanting to earn their GED, as well as a High School Completion option for students desiring a high school diploma. All GED and high school completion classes are currently online with instructor support via email, virtual meetings, or by phone – whatever meets the individual student needs.
Open Doors Youth Reengagement is a new partnership with the Morton and Mossyrock school districts and CCEast that provides educational services to youth who have dropped out of school or are not expected to graduate from high school by age 21. Call 360-496-5022 to get started.
Continuing & Community Education
These non-credit classes are designed for learning new skills and information in a non-graded, relaxed setting. Tuition is offered at a reduced rate. See the Continuing Education page for the most updated list of classes.
Possibilities at CCEast
Classes offered at Centralia College East enable individuals to complete a Centralia College Associate in Arts degree. This degree can either be transferred to a four-year university or be used to meet qualifications for jobs in the public or private sector.
Coursework toward several Business Technology certificates and Associate in Technical Arts (ATA) degrees can be taken at Centralia College East.
- Administrative Assistant - ATA
- Medical Administrative Assistant - ATA
- Legal Administrative Assistant - ATA
- Accounting - ATA, AAS & Certificates
- Business Administration - ATA
- Office Assistant and Legal Office Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Office Assistant - Certificate
Prerequisite courses offered at CCEast on a rotating basis are:
- Algebra I, Algebra II
- Intro to Statastics
- Composition I & II depending on quarter
- Human Relations - Workplace
- Lifespan Psychology
High school juniors and seniors who test at college level may, tuition free, begin their college coursework while meeting high school graduation requirements.
Individualized and small group study is offered Monday through Thursday at CCEast.
These non-credit classes designed for learning new skills and information in a non-graded, relaxed setting. Classes include health and fitness, arts, and more!
Community business classes earn no college credits and are offered at a reduced rate. Skills gained from these classes may be adapted to the business setting for professional development.
701 Airport Way
PO Box 87
Morton, WA 98356
360-496-5022 / 360-623-8925