Tickets Available May 1 for Annual Elk Hunt Raffle
Tickets for the Dave Sherwood Memorial Scholarship Elk Hunt Raffle go on sale May 1 at selected outlets across Lewis and Thurston counties.
Since 2012, the raffle has raised more than $51,800 for student scholarships to Centralia College.
Raffle tickets are $25. Only 500 tickets are available. The winner will be allowed to hunt for a big bull elk (minimum three-point) on TransAlta Centralia land. The hunt is a modern rifle hunt set for Nov. 6-7. The winner is responsible for buying a Washington hunting license and permit for westside Modern Firearm. They will be accompanied by a TransAlta representative during the hunt.
The winning ticket will be drawn Aug. 2 and notified by the CC Foundation. All proceeds go toward a Centralia College scholarship in Dave Sherwood’s name.
Tickets are available at the following retail locations:
- Colton Pharmacy in Morton
- Ethel Market in Ethel (Highway 12)
- Hedden’s Pharmacy in Tenino
- Joe’s Outdoor Sports, Lewis County Mall in Chehalis
- Lincoln Creek Lumber in Centralia
- Lincoln Creek Lumber in Tumwater
- Market Street Ace in Chehalis
- Riverview Foodmart in Toledo
- Stanley’s Store in Onalaska (Highway 12)
- Sunbird’s Shopping Center in Chehalis
- The Man Cave in Centralia
- Palmer Lumber in Chehalis
Tickets can also be purchased by contacting the Centralia College Foundation office.
This raffle and elk hunt are in honor of Dave Sherwood, who passed away from a tragic accident while hunting for elk near Mount St. Helens in 2011. He was a popular and respected manager at the Centralia TransAlta plant.
For more information on the Elk Raffle, contact the Foundation office at 360-623-8942 or firstname.lastname@example.org.