The Testing Center offers college placement testing, proctored testing, and testing for other Centralia College academic classes.
Important Information for Spring 2020
Centralia College is on remote operations until further notice. Updated testing information is available below.
- ACCUPLACER Next Generation assessment exam. See the College Placement Test - Accuplacer tab for study information and practice tests.
- GED equivalency test - not currently available
- EMT Emergency Medical Technician certification exam - not currently available
- AMT American Medical Technologist exam - not currently available
- TEAS Test of Essential Academic Skills (for nursing admission) - now offered remotely
- WEST Washington Educator Skills Tests - not currently available
- National Testing Network / Public Safety - now offered remotely, schedule a test using this link
We are offering remote testing for the college placement test. For information, please email your name and phone number to email@example.com. We look forward to serving you.
The Accuplacer Reading Comprehension test is $10. In order to pay, you must have your Student ID number.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, SID, and request to pay for the Accuplacer English test. The cashier will bill $10 to your account.
- Pay online via credit card. You'll need your SID.
- After payment is complete, the Testing Center will contact you to schedule your test.
You can also pay online via the CC Bookstore.
Taking Your Test Remotely
Your Accuplacer Reading Comprehension test will be proctored on Zoom Cloud Meeting. You will receive a Zoom Meeting invitation to your email within 24 hours of your confirmed test date/time. Please click on the link provided in the email a few minutes before your test. Determine your desktop/mobile compatibility.
If you are using a mobile device for proctoring of a handwritten essay: Download the ZOOM Cloud Meeting from your mobile store & create an account before clicking the link.
To take a test via Zoom, you must have:
- Desktop/mobile device must be plugged into a power source
- Quiet room i.e. no one in the room, no noise distractions
- Quality lighting
- Mobile devices (if being used for testing) must be on silent and Do Not Disturb
- Reliable internet
Be prepared to:
- Have a 1-2 hour window of uninterrupted time
- Show your photo ID
- Have materials ready: ONLY pen/pencil and a few pieces of blank paper
- Show test proctor the desk where you will be testing
- Show test proctor a 360° view of your surroundings
- You may be asked to share your screen depending on the mode of testing
Sample Questions and Guides
ALTERNATIVE PLACEMENT OPTIONS
- For English, you may qualify for GPA placement. If you’ve completed high school in the last two years, we can use your GPA to place you in a college English class. Contact Running Start at email@example.com or Enrollment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Be sure to include your name, telephone number, and question.
- For math, self-guided placement is available using WAMAP. There is no fee. Send the following information to email@example.com in order to schedule: full name, SID, email, phone number.
|Accuplacer Next Generation College Placement Test||$15–English (reading)
|GED||$120–complete series, four tests
|Proctor Fee (non-CC courses)||$25|
- Current photo identification is required for all testing.
- Only the tester is allowed in the testing room. Children and other individuals may not accompany the tester.
- Electronics, food, and drinks are not permitted.
Contact the Testing Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a question using the form below.