MERIT Professional Development Registry
The Centralia College Teacher Education and Family Development program manages MERIT (Managed Education Registry Information Tool) verification through a contract with the Washington State Department of Early Learning.
What is MERIT?
MERIT is an online portal that helps professionals:
- Track their education and training experience
- Find training opportunities by state-approved trainers
- Share their qualifications with current and future employers
- Complete a portable background check application
- Be recognized and receive awards for their professional achievements
Who is MERIT for?
MERIT is for anyone who works in early care and education, including:
- Family home child care
- Child care centers
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance Programs (ECEAP)
- Head Start
- School-age child care
MERIT is also for those who support early care and education, including:
- Administrators (facility directors and program supervisors, for example)
- Coaches and trainers
- K–12 educators and higher education faculty