Trailblazer Food Pantry
The Trailblazer Food Pantry exists to provide free food and personal care items to
Centralia College students experiencing food insecurity.
The Trailblazer Food Pantry is a “client choice” pantry, meaning students can pick
the food that suits their needs the best. Food from the pantry is a mix of donated
and purchased items.
Items typically available include: non-perishable food items (exp. canned food, pastas, grains, dried fruits and meats), as well as limited school supplies, and hygiene products.
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (fall, winter, and spring quarters)
TransAlta Commons Room 137
Rules for the Food Pantry
- Students may access the pantry twice a month.
- Students must check in with a SLIC professional staff member before accessing the pantry.
- Students who wish to access the pantry must provide an up to date copy of their class schedule for the quarter and a photo ID each time they come to access the pantry. (They can show their schedule off their phone or they can show a printed copy.)
- Students are allowed one bag of food per visit. Students may also get one large item along with your bag of food if you choose to do so.
Why we need a pantry
Many college students experience food insecurity. Studies have shown that students
with food insecurities have lower completion rates in obtaining academic certificates
and degrees. Additionally, students who are unable to access nutritional food tend
to not do as well academically.
Support the Pantry
You can help support the Trailblazer Food Pantry by donating nonperishable food items, school supplies, and hygiene products! All donations will be used to stock the Food Pantry and support the students of Centralia College.
Donations Needed Include:
- Canned fruits, vegetables, soups & meats
- Dried fruits & meats
- Oatmeal, grains, rice, pasta
- Nuts, nut butters, and seeds
- Other non-perishable food items
Other Items Accepted:
- School supplies
- Hygiene products (shampoo, deodorant, etc)
- Laundry detergent
Donations can be dropped off at the Student Life and Involvement Center in TAC 137,
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
If you would like to make a monetary donation or additional information, please contact Price Peterson at email@example.com.