Advising/Counseling Center

The Advising/Counseling Center at Centralia College is a critical piece of academic success and finishing a degree or certificate efficiently. An advisor can help you choose classes, navigate college life, and provide critical support during your education. 

Academic Advising

New Students After applying for admission and financial aid, taking a placement test, and completing the online orientation, new students can call or visit the Advising/Counseling Center for advising/registration dates and times.

New students should expect to discuss their plans, review their assessment scores, select and schedule classes, register, and pay tuition and fees.

Need Help Choosing a Program? For students who need help choosing college programs, information is available in the Advising/Counseling Center. Students can also schedule an appointment with a counselor.

Continuing Students Once enrolled, students must meet with their assigned advisor each quarter to discuss their progress and plan their schedule for the following quarter. Students must meet with their advisor before they can register.

Changing Advisors Students may request to change their advisor at any time. To do this, students must obtain the signature of the new advisor on a Change of Advisor form (available in the Advising/Counseling Center).

Personal Counseling & Problem-Solving

Personal counseling and educational problem-solving helps students to mange various problems that may interfere with college success. Examples include stress, relationship problems, interpersonal conflicts, anxiety, depression, or grief.

Counselors can also help students build strong study skills, manage test anxiety, set realistic goals, explore transfer information, and troubleshoot problems. Counselors help connect students with resources and services to support a positive educational experience.

Contact Advising/Counseling Center

TransAlta Commons, Second Floor
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (fall, winter, spring)
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday (summer)