Help is Here Emergency Grants
Don't be sidelined by an emergency expense. CC has funds to help you cover emergency expenses like utility bills, medical expenses, and COVID-19-related expenses.
Student Emergency Assistance Grant
Centralia College offers emergency assistance to students who experience a financial emergency or unanticipated expenses, causing financial hardship. Ultimately, the goal is to cover expenses that affect a student’s ability to stay in college and complete their education. The grants are temporary, short-term financial assistance.
Winter 2021 Grants
The winter quarter grant application process is now open. The committee will begin reviewing applications Jan. 5.
Important Note: Centralia College is transitioning to a new system in February and the emergency grant process will be closed from Jan. 19-March 1. If you need funds for winter, it is critical you get your application in prior to Jan. 19.
The grant can fund a one-time emergency, such as car repair, change in childcare, housing or utilities, food, a health emergency, or other unexpected expense.
Sample Expenses Covered by SEAG Funding
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Emergency medical expenses
- Overdue utility bills reaching a turn-off notice
- Loss of childcare
- Safety needs, including the needs of victims of domestic violence
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire or natural disaster
Sample Expenses Not Covered by SEAG Funding (examples)
- Tuition and fees
- Study abroad costs
- Non-essential personal bills, such as credit card, cable, cell phone, etc.
- Parking tickets, library fines, or other expenses mistakenly incurred
How to Apply
Submit the online application form below for consideration of either grant. Fill in all required sections. Incomplete applications may delay the selections process. If you previously submitted an application, you do not need to submit another one. We will contact you if additional information is needed. Please email Erin Baker with questions or concerns.