Book Loans & Fee Waivers
Even with tuition covered, Running Start can be expensive due to the costs of books and class fees. Centralia College works hard to keep these costs down, but Running Start students may also apply for book loans and fee waivers to further offset costs.
Book Loans Centralia College allows students to borrow textbooks for some classes.
Fee Waivers Some or all class fees may be waived, depending on eligibility and funds available.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Full Waiver*||Reduced Waiver**|
$15,782 Annual / $1,316 Monthly
|$22,459 Annual / $1,872 Monthly|
|2||$21.938 Annual / $1,784 Monthly||$30,451 Annual / $2,538 Monthly|
|3||$27,014 Annual / $2,252 Monthly||$38,443 Annual / $3,204 Monthly|
|4||$32,630 Annual / $2,720 Monthly||$46,435 Annual / $3,870 Monthly|
|5||$38,246 Annual / $3,188 Monthly||$54,427 Annual / $4,536 Monthly|
|6||$43,862 Annual / $3,656 Monthly||$62,419 Annual / $5,202 Monthly|
|7||$49,478 Annual / $4,124 Monthly||$70,411 Annual / $5,868 Monthly|
|8||$55,094 Annual / $4,592 Monthly||$78,403 Annual / $6,534 Monthly|
* Full Waiver: All books would be loaned to the student EXCEPT books that can only be used once (EX: Annual editions). All fees are waived EXCEPT when a student takes excess credits, then student is responsible for voted in fees.
** Reduced Waiver: Running Start would loan at least one book, more if available.
Exceptions: Running Start does not purchase books or supplies that can only be used one time. Rather, access codes will be purchased for courses that require them.
Apply for a Book Loan or Fee Waiver
1. Submit a Book Loan & Fee Waiver Eligibility Form to the Advising/Counseling Center.
2. Submit a Book Loan Request with the books you need outlined clearly.
3. Submit the required income verification documentation. Examples include the following:
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Pensions, Retirement, Social Security
- SSI Verification
- Veterans Payments
- Unemployment Verification
- Disability Benefits
- DSHS Verification
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Child Support/Alimony
- Net Income from Self-employment/Farm
Contact Running Start
TransAlta Commons, Second Floor