Electronics, Robotics, & Automation
The Electronics, Robotics, & Automation program prepares students to compete for a variety of possible jobs within the electronics industry.
The ERA prepares students with the technical knowledge and hands-on skills for high-demand careers in the computer, robotics, electronics, communications, and electronics fabrication industries.
With a mixture of in-class instruction and hands-on training, students receive comprehensive training in installation, fabrication, testing, maintenance, and repair of computers, electrical systems, electronics, and robotics systems.
Career Options ERA technicians are employed in a variety of careers and are vital to many high technology industries. Graduates have found employment in positions within the computer industry, audio and pro-audio industry, test equipment manufacturing and calibration, automation and motor control, and the computer networking segment of the electronics industry.
- The ERA program at Centralia College is an Intel partnership program, with Intel visiting every year for the last seven years to conduct on-campus interviews.
- Centralia Colelge is also a SemaTech partnership school. SemaTech is a consortium of many companies considered leaders in cutting-edge electronics. The ERA program averages visits from three to five Fortune 500 companies annually.
ERA Education Plan
Degree: Associate in Applied Science
Emphasis: Electronics, Robotics & Automation
Total Credits: 96-104
- ERA 101 Electronics Assembly - 5 credits
- MEC 105 Industrial Computer Operations - 2 credits
- MEC 151 Mechanical Systems - 5 credits
- MATH 098 Algebra I (pre-college) - 5 credits
- CAD 110 CAD for Electronics - 3 credits
- HR 110 Human Relations in the Workplace - 5 credits
- MEC 116 AC/DC Electronics - 4 credits
- TMATH 121 Electronics Math I - 5 credits
- ERA 117 Advanced AC/DC Electronics - 4 credits
- ERA 170 Solid State Devices - 4 credits
- MEC 270 Industrial Robotics - 5 credits
- WRT 105 Writing in the Workplace - 5 credits
- ERA 212 Digital Electronics - 4 credits OR PPO 201 Plant Systems - 5 credits
- MEC 220 Sensors and Instruments - 5 credits
- MEC 250 Industrial Electronics - 2 credits
- MEC 260 Allen Bradley PLCs - 5 credits
- ERA 230 Robotic Controllers - 4 credits
- ERA 240 Amplifiers OR PPO 202 Plant Maintenance - 5 credits
- IT 201 Network Technology I - 5 credits
- MEC 155 Preventative Maintenance - 3 credits
- ENGR 111 Engineering Graphics I - 2 credits
- PPO 130 Industrial Safety - 5 credits
- ERA 235 Communication Systems - 3 credits OR PPO 203 Plant Ops Refrigeration - 5 credits
- ERA 276 Robotics Capstone - 3 credits
- HLTH 145 Safety & Fitness - 3 credits