The Pre-Veterinary Medicine program prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities for further study toward a career in the veterinary field.
The plan of study presents a challenging blend of natural and physical sciences and can be used to meet the requirements for an animal science major at Washington State University.
If you complete the program outlined below, you are reasonably assured of being able to transfer with junior standing to most colleges and universities in Washington State.
Pre-Veterinary Medicine Education Plan
Degree: Associate in Science
Note for Students You are urged to consult with your advisor as you plan your curriculum and select electives.This will allow your advisor to coordinate your program with the requirements of the institution to which you expect to transfer.
- BIOL& 221 Majors Ecology/Evolution - 5 credits
- CHEM& 161 General Chemistry w/Lab I - 6 credits
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I - 5 credits
- BIOL& 222 Majors Cell/Molecular - 5 credits
- CHEM& 162 General Chemistry w/Lab II - 6 credits
- MATH& 151 Calculus I - 5 credits
- BIOL& 223 Majors Organismal Physiology - 5 credits
- CHEM& 163 General Chemistry w/Lab III - 6 credits
- MATH& 152 Calculus II - 5 credits
- CHEM& 261 Organic Chemistry w/Lab I- 5 credits
- Health and Fitness Distribution - 3 credits
- Social Science Distribution - 5 credits
- CHEM& 262 Organic Chemistry w/Lab II- 5 credits
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics OR MATH& 163 Calculus II - 5 credits
- CMST& 220 Public Speaking - 5 credits
- Science Elective OR CHEM& 263 Organic Chemistry w/Lab III- 5 credits
- Social Science or Humanitities Distribution - 5 credits
- Elective - 5 credits