Campus Closures & Canceled Classes
When inclement weather, natural disasters, power outages, or other disruptions interrupt the operation of the college, the decision to close the college or delay classes may be made.
Centralia College is currently on a normal schedule.
Note: Students who have instructors using Canvas should consult their Canvas classroom regularly for any individual class cancelations.
How can I receive notifications?
There are a number of ways to receive notices of campus closures or delays.
- OFFICIAL NOTICES: FlashAlert.com—School closures news service
- TEXT ALERTS: Sign up for Campus Text Alerts or the CC Alerts Mobile App.
What do the announcements mean?
Centralia College uses the following language in its campus closure announcements.
- Weather Alert: The college is open but faculty/staff/students are to use their best judgment regarding their safety when coming to campus. Students will not be penalized for not coming to campus, but should consult their syllabi for additional information on class expectations under these conditions.
- Delayed Start: Classes occurring before the delayed start time are cancelled. The announcement will be made by 6:30 a.m.
- Day Classes Canceled: All day classes are canceled. The announcement will be made by 6:30 a.m.
- Evening Classes Canceled: All evening classes are canceled. Evening classes begin at 4:30 p.m. The announcement will be made by 3 p.m.
- College Closed to All Employees: The campus is closed and only personnel who are called in to work will report to work.