Tickets now available for annual Scholarship Elk Hunt Raffle
Tickets for the Dave Sherwood Memorial Scholarship Elk Hunt Raffle are now on sale at selected outlets across Lewis and Thurston counties.
Since 2012, more than $47,000 has been raised to benefit student scholarships to Centralia College.
Raffle tickets are $25. The winner will be allowed to hunt for a big bull elk (minimum three-point) on TransAlta Centralia land. The hunt is a modern rifle hunt set for Nov. 7-8.
The drawing will take at 4 p.m. Aug.3 at the Centralia College Foundation office (corner of Iron Street and Centralia College Boulevard). The winner need not be present to win. All proceeds go toward a Centralia College scholarship in Dave Sherwood’s name.
The winner is responsible for buying a Washington hunting license and permit for westside Modern Firearm. They will be accompanied by a TransAlta representative during the hunt.
Tickets are available at the following retail locations:
- Colton Pharmacy in Morton
- Ethel Market in Ethel (Highway 12)
- Hedden’s Pharmacy in Tenino
- Joe’s Outdoor Sports, Lewis County Mall in Chehalis
- Lincoln Creek Lumber in Centralia
- Lincoln Creek Lumber in Tumwater
- Market Street Ace in Chehalis
- Riverview Foodmart in Toledo
- Stanley’s Store in Onalaska (Highway 12)
- Sunbird’s Shopping Center in Chehalis
- The Man Cave in Centralia
- Palmer Lumber in Chehalis
Tickets can also be purchased by contacting the Centralia College Foundation office.
This raffle and elk hunt is in honor of Dave Sherwood, who passed away from a tragic accident while hunting for elk near Mount St. Helens in 2011. He was a popular and respected manager at the Centralia TransAlta plant.
For more information on the Elk Raffle, contact the Foundation office at 360-623-8942 or firstname.lastname@example.org.